A Central Square update...
I live in Central Square in Cambridge now. I absolutely love it. Central Square is located between Kendall Square and Harvard Square, so between Harvard and MIT. My room is small but cozy. Central Square has everything I would ever need within a few minutes walking distance. It is so alive and busy even late at night, just the way I like it. There are a lot of locally owned independent shops. There are many restaurants with every cuisine possible, there are many used book stores which I love and many unique furniture stores and coffee shops too. There is a CVS, a Walgreens and a Bank of America very close too. I feel less tired now and actually enjoy waking up in the morning and going to work, thanks to a 12 minute commute by train or a 20-25 minute walk.
Some places I have visited in Central Square so far:
The Tavern in the square
A sports bar. Mediocre food -- a little pricey, slow service, nice laid back ambiance, good music alternating with a couple of crappy songs.
Link: http://www.taverninthesquare.com/
Hollywood Express
Independent Video store. Excellent collection, has movies sorted by directors in a section of the store which I like and an extensive foreign movies section. There is a Blockbuster down the street too but I am a member at Hollywood Express because it doesn't seem as cold and chain-ish. Rented two movies- Mississippi Masala and The Virgin Suicides
--Mississippi Masala - Denzel Washington is super cute. The Indian chick is hot too. The Indians in the movie are fun too watch. A good movie which kinda hits home.
--The Virgin Suicides - Haven't watched it yet. I have been wanting to read the book for a while but I guess I'll watch the movie first this time.
Link: http://www.hollywoodexpressvideo.com/
1369 Coffee House
I had a Thai Iced Tea from here. It was pretty good. No free Wi-fi though, and $3.95 per hour if you want to pay for internet. A nice cozy coffee shop.
Link: http://www.1369coffeehouse.com/
That's all for now :o)
1 comment:
Can't wait to visit Maje. I miss you.
Post a Comment