Invincibility, election day, India trip...
Yes, it has been a very long time since I posted. Life has been so busy.
First - invincibility. As I grow older, I feel my feelings of invincibility are dissipating. I remember being in my late teens and even a couple of years back and feeling like I could get through anything, that I was so strong mentally and physically that no one and nothing could break me. As time passes, I don't feel that invincible anymore. I am not implying that I am weaker mentally or physically but I am now more aware of my vulnerability and faults than I was ever before. In short, I am getting "soft". In some ways it is scary but in many ways it feels like I have finally grown up. I recently told my aunt about this feeling and she said that it is a sign of growing up, when you recognize that you really are not as invincible and strong as you used to think you are. It is she said, a sign of maturity to recognize your own flaws and submit to humility by realizing that everything and everyone is delicate and can break. In regards to this, recognizing that I too can break and that I too can be sensitive and soft and sometimes so dependent on people around me is humanizing on so many different levels. But maybe, this is because in some ways my life is coming together, slowly but surely and my guards are down. Sometimes I am not so sure it is a good thing but most of the time I feel content with being a little soft, a little more trusting and little more nice. In short, I am just not the bitch I used to be ;o)
Election day- This is going to be a historic day and if Obama wins it will be great to live in the US - it will truly be a statement of how far America has come. It makes me very emotional although I can't vote to realize that the lines of race can be deep but sometimes deep not in a bad way but a good way - I think it is just the principle of it, the fairness of it, that if he wins, everything is not prejudiced and as cliche as this might sound- there's hope :o)
India trip - yes, yes yes! I am on my way to see my momma! Right now at JFK waiting for flight to Brussels and then to good ol' Chennai. One flight down, two more long ones to go! It's been almost three years since I saw my family. This will be a good month. Adios for now!
1 comment:
Have fun Maje. I miss you and can't wait to see you after you come back. It's been so long :(
Post a Comment